Sunday, August 24, 2008

Beginnings ( the start of anew piece and a new job)



This week is the beginning of a new job. I start work again after 4 years of being a stay at home mom. The job is not in my field nor is it glamorous but those things may be good. I am hoping to be able to work on my art and possibly sell much of it in the coming months. I am thinking that because the job is not in my field I will not be too burned out at the end of the day to work on art. As far as it not being glamorous, I have never been one for  glamorous employment. I would much prefer to have a job I can learn quickly and then be able to enjoy it as much as one can enjoy any work situation. The above does not apply to taking  a position in the field of art. That I am more willing to go all out for. :)


3 comments:

TERI REES WANG said...

Stepping up and stepping out in the light of "Transition" is both courageous and necessary. I too, am making an attempt to go back to work, after taking time off to take care of my health, with out taking the obvious road back to the same old job.

TMCPhoto said...

I've waffled over which would be better, I've always found that I feel more creative in my own work when I'm not churning it out for my regular 9 to 5, but when I am churning it out for the 9 to 5 I look forward to going in to work more. Catch 22 kind of. It's one of the reasons that I'm reluctant to go back to work when the Peanut is old enough for school

IL GATTO SELVATICO said...

Your blog and shop are wonderful and I've put you in a treasury http://www.etsy.com/treasury/4c29ee6edc1a6d91a1169b95/sideshow-freaks
penelope
ilgattoselvatico.blogspot.com